Discover the Agrafa region and conquer new heights by taking part in the Lake Plastiras Challenge 4X4 routes with your off-road vehicle.
- Start time: 10:30.
- Start & finish location: Camp.
- Route: From lake Plastiras (altitude 750 m) to the Niala peak (altitude 1.600+ m) and back.
- Duration: ~ 4 hours.
- Vehicle: 4X4 vehicle capable of off-road driving required.
- Registration cost: 40€ for 2 people per vehicle. For every extra person: 10€.
- Includes entrance to the Camp (details about all benefits at our registration pages).
The Agrafa region has quite a story behind the origin of its name. During the Ottoman rule, this rugged part of the Pindos mountain range proved so hard to be reached that it was eventually kept out of the tax registration files of the empire. In Greek the word “write” is “grafo”, so “a-grafa” means “un-written”, referring to the fact that they were not officially listed as an existing part of Greece! Today we may be able to reach the region more easily, however the wider area remains basically an unknown land to most people with wild, breathtaking natural beauty.